Thursday 24 January 2013

Cotton reels in the landscape - TTF

Another challenge from the Taking Textiles Further (TTF) weekend was to think how I could link the cotton reels to my personal theme of landscapes. I admit that I was quite baffled by this thought initially and after a moment of inspiration/desperation (take your pick!) I googled 'cotton reels in the landscape' and all I needed was a reference to hay stacks and cotton reels to get my imagination going.  I then had a lot of fun digitally placing cotton reels in some of my landscape pictures. Here's what I came up with:






I couldn't leave it there, so I then drew, scratched and painted onto the photographs, which I think generated some interesting results.





I'm looking forward to the next TTF challenge in February. I think that my 'homework' has generated some ideas which I could take forward and I'm always pleased by that.

2 comments:

  1. I've been catching up on my blog reading, and read back over your recent posts- I love the work you've been doing, I did a drawing workshop yesterday, and wanted to take it into stitch, so you've been a great inspiration, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to seeing your drawing-into-stitch work, Gill. It's very pleasing to think that I have inspired someone - thanks for letting me know.

      Delete

Please leave your comments - it would be great to hear from you